Now is the time to turn up the heat on your board and really get them to understand the needs of the organization and how they can participate without having to ask any one for a contribution. Here are some “resolutions” that each member can weigh on and decide how to become more engaged in trying to make your organization wealthier at the same time.
- Focus on being engaged with the programs and actions that move your organization forward.
- Get to know the staff and what they do to make the organization run.
- Every board member should contribute the required amount that is part of your responsibility as a board member.
- You should have a clear understanding of the financial situation of the organization.
- Assist staff and volunteers to think big. This could create a new perspective on how you do business.
- Support the fund raising program not only by giving but also acquiring new board members and look for new venues of an income stream.
- Be clear on the mission and vision of the organization and how you can expand the organization’s resources.
- As a board member you should be at least be open to introducing staff to potential prospects.
- Be a real ambassador and talk about nonprofit where ever you go.
- Remember that you are a spokesperson for this organization and you can easily represent this organization to new prospects.
As a boar member you want to feel that you are part of the team by serving on committees, giving that staff you full attention when needed and most of all that you can make a difference in your community!